Thursday, November 24, 2011

Crochet Heart Ornament Pattern

crocheted heart

I mentioned I am a planner. Again I hate being rushed with projects, it really takes the fun out. So Valentines here we come! Definitely my new mindset is crochet (I did start a small knitting project last night but more on that later). I often think to myself, could I decorate that with crochet? could I make that with a crochet pattern? is their a pattern for that? I started by googling crochet heart patterns. There are a ton! I tried a few different ones. While I like this one, this pattern for hearts in the garland is much faster. I wanted bigger hearts though so I added a another round on top of the pattern. Here is the pattern. Again the starting point of the heart is from this garland, which I also made a couple of and is easy and very valentiney! I will show you the garland later though.

crocheted heart
(Those strings hanging down like that is really bothering me. sorry.)

Crochet Heart Ornament


Skill level: beginner
Yarn:
worsted weight, I used Simply Soft by Caron
Hook: Size I
Time: 5-15 minutes

Abbreviations
CH:
chain
TR:
treble crochet
DC:
double crochet
SC:
single crochet

Pattern:
Chain 14. In the 4th chain from hook: complete the beginning heart pattern here: from 3 TR to the Chain 2 (17 stitches including the chain stitches). Slip stitch into the top of the heart. Slip stitch into the chain at the left point of the heart. SC 1 in next chain. 2 DC in each of next 3 stitches. 1 DC into each of next 4 stitches. At the bottom of the heart, 3 DC in same stitch. 1 DC into each of next 4 stitches. 2 DC in each of next 3 stitches. SC 1 in next stitch. Slip stitch in last 2 stitches. This should bring you to center of heart top. Chain 9. Tie the two chains together and cut tails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment